Tips and tricks for LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP) developers.

When I cant find a suitable solution to a problem and have to work it out for myself I'll post the result here so hopefully others will find it useful. (All code is offered in good faith. It may not be the best solution, just a solution).

Sunday 29 June 2014

Jasmine and Jasq

Recently I've started using Jasmine - a BDD framework - to test some pretty complex JavaScript I've been writing for work. We're using RequireJS for our JavaScript and we found a great plugin for Jasmine to make it play nicely with AMD modules called Jasq.

All works beautifully except for one thing: the Jasq docs say to wrap your specifications in a require block but that didn't seem to work for me. Once I changed them to define blocks (see below) everything started working. I don't know why this is and it doesn't seem anyone else had the same issue so perhaps I've done something wrong but I just thought I'd put this out there in case anyone else runs into the same issue.

define(['jasq'], function ()
{
  describe('My Tests', 'thing/to/test', function()
  {
    it('should do something', function(thingToTest)
    {
        //...
    });
  });
});

No comments: